Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
დაარქივებული

Specific Website Autofill Bug

glennmcauley

Hi, When I go to a specific website, my password is being auto filled to the page's search bar. I have created an Autofill exception for this site, and it still happens. To stop it, I have to disable password Autofill on entirely. I probably don't need to say this is a security issue. Every time I visit this site my password is being sent to their servers as a search query. I'm using Firefox Android. Please help

Hi, When I go to a specific website, my password is being auto filled to the page's search bar. I have created an Autofill exception for this site, and it still happens. To stop it, I have to disable password Autofill on entirely. I probably don't need to say this is a security issue. Every time I visit this site my password is being sent to their servers as a search query. I'm using Firefox Android. Please help

ყველა პასუხი (4)

Hi,

Could you please share the website URL? If we can reproduce, we'll either contact the website developers or fix the issue on Firefox end.

If you are concerned about security aspects, you can send me a private message instead of posting publicly.

Thank you for the PM. I can reproduce the issue. The password is not only sent as a query, it's displayed on the screen, which makes things even worse.

I've filed a bug for that. I've also marked it as a security vulnerability just in case; maybe we're overthinking, but let's see what the team says. I'll post status updates here.

And thank you once more for reporting that!