Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
დაარქივებული

Cannot uninstall per-user installation of Firefox without elevating

Ryan Steele

I've been tasked with removing Firefox from all Windows workstations in our enterprise environment. Our users don't have local admin, so when they install Firefox, it is installed in the user's profile.

I've just installed Firefox 143.0.1 in my own user profile for testing purposes. However, when I attempt to uninstall, either from Control Panel or by running %localappdata%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe manually, UAC prompts for elevation, even though I installed without elevating.

Is this a known issue? If yes, is there a workaround?

Thanks!

I've been tasked with removing Firefox from all Windows workstations in our enterprise environment. Our users don't have local admin, so when they install Firefox, it is installed in the user's profile. I've just installed Firefox 143.0.1 in my own user profile for testing purposes. However, when I attempt to uninstall, either from Control Panel or by running %localappdata%\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe manually, UAC prompts for elevation, even though I installed without elevating. Is this a known issue? If yes, is there a workaround? Thanks!

ყველა პასუხი (1)

I've dug in a bit more, and I found this was an issue five years ago as well:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1286070

According to that post, the issue was resolved, but it seems to have come back.

Any help would be appreciated.