Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
გადაწვეტილი დაარქივებული

I want bookmarks to open in new tabs but not move to them immediately

alexthegreat7

Back when I used chrome, I could control click on bookmarks in the bookmarks bar and they would open in new tabs, but it would not switch to the tab immediately (it would load it though). However in Firefox, when you control click on a bookmark, it automatically switches to the new tab. Is there some way to change this?

I have tried the setting under "Tabs" which means that new tabs opened from inside a webpage are not switched to straightaway, but this seems to have no effect on bookmarks.

Back when I used chrome, I could control click on bookmarks in the bookmarks bar and they would open in new tabs, but it would not switch to the tab immediately (it would load it though). However in Firefox, when you control click on a bookmark, it automatically switches to the new tab. Is there some way to change this? I have tried the setting under "Tabs" which means that new tabs opened from inside a webpage are not switched to straightaway, but this seems to have no effect on bookmarks.

ყველა პასუხი (1)

შერჩეული გადაწყვეტა

hello alexthegreat7, please try the following: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInBackground. double-click it and change its value to true, then bookmarks should not get the focus immediately when you middle-click or control-click them...