Cookies that are allowed through exceptions are still removed when I close FireFox.
In the cookie settings I have set it to remove cookies when FireFox closes and for the cookies I want to keep I have added appropriate exceptions and set them all to allow but when I close FireFox all cookies are removed, even the ones I've specified to allow. This has worked in the past, by which I mean autumn or later.
Edit: Just to clarify, these are my webhistory and cookie settings.
Custom settings for web history
- Always use private [Unchecked] - Save history of pages and downloads [Checked] - Save search and.... [Checked] - Allow cookies [Checked] Third party - never Keep - until Firefox closes - Clear history when firefox closes [Unchecked]
And then I have a list of domains that are allowed to keep cookies through exceptions.
この投稿は Korpen により に変更されました
In the custom History Settings, do you have clear all cookies on exit selected? You can go into advanced as well and add exceptions.
Please update to the most recent version of Firefox:
この投稿は guigs により に変更されました
If you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear Cookies then exclude cookies and instead let cookies expire when Firefox is closed to make them session cookies.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Keep until: "I close Firefox"
Create a cookie 'allow' exception for cookies that you want to keep.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
If you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
- Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
- Clearing Cookies will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you want to keep.