Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Támogatás keresése

Kerülje el a támogatási csalásokat. Sosem kérjük arra, hogy hívjon fel egy telefonszámot vagy osszon meg személyes információkat. Jelentse a gyanús tevékenységeket a „Visszaélés bejelentése” lehetőséggel.

További tudnivalók
A témacsoportot lezárták és archiválták. Tegyen fel új kérdést, ha segítségre van szüksége.
Megoldva Archivált

Can I find my Firefox profile on an external hard drive?

willisfd

My old laptop was damaged but I managed to save my hard drive. I now have that hard drive plugged in as an external drive on a new computer. I need to restore the bookmarks from my old profile. However when I type %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ in Search (Windows 7) it only searches the C Drive. How can I locate the profile folder and especially the places.sqlite file on the external hard drive that has the data saved from the damaged computer?

My old laptop was damaged but I managed to save my hard drive. I now have that hard drive plugged in as an external drive on a new computer. I need to restore the bookmarks from my old profile. However when I type %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ in Search (Windows 7) it only searches the C Drive. How can I locate the profile folder and especially the places.sqlite file on the external hard drive that has the data saved from the damaged computer?
Válasz olvasása eredeti szövegkörnyezetben

Kiválasztott megoldás

Összes válasz (5)

Go into Computer, then find the drive there (it won't be labeled C, it will be something else under Removable storage), navigate to %APPDATA%/roaming/mozilla, etc. to find your profile.

Thanks, my problem is I can't find a directory that contains the %APPDATA% folder on my external drive. I searched under users>documents and under program files with no luck. Do you know the exact path that leads to this folder?

First you have to enable hidden files and folders, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files.

Then, it should be on your old hard drive, under users/yourusername/appdata/

Thanks for your help!

Kiválasztott megoldás