Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Támogatás keresése

Kerülje el a támogatási csalásokat. Sosem kérjük arra, hogy hívjon fel egy telefonszámot vagy osszon meg személyes információkat. Jelentse a gyanús tevékenységeket a „Visszaélés bejelentése” lehetőséggel.

További tudnivalók
A témacsoportot lezárták és archiválták. Tegyen fel új kérdést, ha segítségre van szüksége.
Archivált

How do I get keyboard shortcuts (like ALT+S to post on forum websites) to work properly?

vertex

Firefox, from the version 3 (iirc), uses the shortcut ALT+S to access chrome menu › "History". This could be changed by setting:

  • ui.key.chromeAccess = 5
  • ui.key.contentAccess = 4

That's flipped from the default and worked just perfectly.

Now in the latest build Firefox won't do anything on ALT+S, while ALT+Shift+S still accesses the "History".

I know I can switch the settings back in about:config to submit postings via ALT+Shift+S (which works, and ALT+S would access the history again), but since I use "submit posting" heavily and "access history" rarely to never, I consider having ALT+S to submit forms to be the better option. Please do not tell me to "Just use ALT+Shift+S!" - that's no solution to me. Thank you in advance :-)

Firefox, from the version 3 (iirc), uses the shortcut '''ALT+S''' to access chrome menu › "History". This could be changed by setting: * ui.key.chromeAccess = 5 * ui.key.contentAccess = 4 That's flipped from the default and worked just perfectly. Now in the latest build Firefox won't do anything on ALT+S, while ALT+Shift+S still accesses the "History". I know I can switch the settings back in about:config to submit postings via ALT+Shift+S (which works, and ALT+S would access the history again), but since I use "submit posting" heavily and "access history" rarely to never, I consider having ALT+S to submit forms to be the better option. Please do not tell me to "Just use ALT+Shift+S!" - that's no solution to me. Thank you in advance :-)

Módosította: vertex,

Összes válasz (2)

Works for me in Firefox 4.0.1.

Start Firefox in Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

Hm, ok, tried that - but in Safe Mode, ALT+S still is dead. Maybe some other "default" setting got messed up by an extension?

Did you change to post via ALT+S or did you try ALT+Shift+S, which works for me too?

Even tho the problem persists in Safe Mode (weird...), here my extensions:

  • Add-on Compatibility Reporter 0.8.3
  • ChatZilla 0.9.86.1
  • ColorZilla 2.5.5.1
  • Download Statusbar 0.9.8
  • DownloadHelper 4.8.6
  • Firebug 1.6.2
  • FireShot 0.88
  • NoScript 2.1.0.3
  • Test Pilot 1.1

Next I'll try a blank copy of FirefoxPortable. As you say it works for you, the problem must be somewhere within my configuration *sigh*

Módosította: vertex,