This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Open browser keeps refreshing to home page and multiple windows randomly opening
My open browser keeps refreshing to home page whether I'm on a different website or already home. This happens randomly every 5 to 30 seconds.
Also, multiple browser windows keep randomly opening to my home page. Anywhere from 3 to 15 windows open at the same time.
I have restarted multiple times and performed a full virus scan, no threats found.
All Replies (3)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Thanks for the reply, but the problem is still happening. I tried safe mode, disabling add-ons one by one, turning off hardware acceleration, and even resorted to uninstall/reinstall without previous settings & add-ons. It seems to happen more with flash content, but randomly does the same thing everywhere else (I even had to switch to explorer to write this reply).
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked