When opening new tabs on earlier version it opened directly google. How can I set Firefox 4.0.1. so tabs go automatically on google instead of a blank?
yesterday, I installed Firefox 4.0.1 to replace the older 3 version. In the older version, when I opened a new tab, it directly showed the google search page (as set as home page under tools>options). With the new version the tab just shows a blank address line. So if I want to get then the google search page in the new tab, I need to first press on the home icone so the home page set under options kicks in again. This extrastep is a little annoying. Is there any way I can set Firefox in a way that when opening a new tab, the google search page comes up right away?
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Package Installer & Install Conduit
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
A new tab opens by default as a blank tab.
You need an extension if you want to open a page in that tab.
You can look at one of these extensions:
- NewTabURL : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/newtaburl/
- New Tab Homepage : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/
I did this but it just keeps updating firefox and doesnt work
It should be automatic that when you open a new tab you have the option to open it as your homepage. Blank is crap. Please fix ASAP