Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Cartlannaithe

I have a Mac 10.2.8 and Firefox 2.0.0.20. What is the highest upgrade I can get for this Mac because I don't want to have to upgrade my Mac or buy a new one?

1dms

I can't access certain links from sites, especially with a lot of graphics. I get messages to the effect that I need to upgrade my browser. But then the update says I need a 10.3 Mac or higher. Also any site with a lot of graphics takes forever to download. Is there an intermediate update that I could use instead for my Mac?

I can't access certain links from sites, especially with a lot of graphics. I get messages to the effect that I need to upgrade my browser. But then the update says I need a 10.3 Mac or higher. Also any site with a lot of graphics takes forever to download. Is there an intermediate update that I could use instead for my Mac?

All Replies (4)

2.0.0.20 is the last version for Mac OSX 10.3.9 and lower.

Firefox 3.0 versions and later require at least Mac OS X 10.4

See:

Other browsers that you can look at:

This means that my problem is hopeless!

For Mac 10.2.8 you need Firefox 2.0.0.20 as Firefox 3 will NOT RUN on your Operating System.

Download Firefox 2.0.0.20 from HERE.... http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Follow THESE Instructions to Install... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_Firefox#Mac_OS_X

BUT This is scheduled to be the LAST release of Firefox 2, so you will need to upgrade youur computer to receive further updates.