Affichage des questions pour le sujet :

firefox isn't restoring my tabs from previous session

After a recent update, all my tabs disappeared. I had set them in tab groups. It's all gone. This is despite having settings selected to restore tabs from previous sessio… (lire la suite)

After a recent update, all my tabs disappeared. I had set them in tab groups. It's all gone. This is despite having settings selected to restore tabs from previous session on opening.

Ouvert 1

Closed Tab Groups can't be found

I had multiple tab groups which I had chosen to save and close. These tab groups have now completely disappeared and I cannot find them. When I began using Tab Groups, I … (lire la suite)

I had multiple tab groups which I had chosen to save and close. These tab groups have now completely disappeared and I cannot find them. When I began using Tab Groups, I had checked and there was no information stating that unopened tab groups would be deleted. I want these groups back. If I had known Tab Groups would disappear, I would have saved my tabs into a folder. The only Tab Groups that show up now are under "Recent tab groups". If tab groups are going to be deleted after a set period of time, it should be stated clearly in the tab group settings. It would also be really useful to archive them into a bookmarked folder so people don't unexpectedly lose hours of research.

Ouvert 3 1

Opening new tabs order messed up since the latest update?

There was something changed with the latest update 156.0.1 in regards to how new tabs open. I have been using the extension "Always right" for years as I wanted all my ne… (lire la suite)

There was something changed with the latest update 156.0.1 in regards to how new tabs open. I have been using the extension "Always right" for years as I wanted all my newly opened tabs and bookmarked websites to open right next to the one I am at, in order that I open them in. Had no issues until the recent update. So tabs and bookmarks.

To explain this better, lets start with tabs only. Scenario 1 - say the tab I am on is "youtube" and the tab right from it at this moment is "google" tab. So: youtube > google > rest of tabs. While on youtube, I click on 3 videos/links from that "youtube" tab to be opened as new tabs, in the order that I want to watch them, using the middle mouse button. It used to open them in order: youtube > 1st vid > 2nd > 3rd > google > rest. In other words, it pushed the "google" tab and opened the new video tabs in order that I clicked them in between the two. Scenario 2 - bookmarked toolbar links. They behave similar but slightly different since opening those instantly jumps to the tab, which is fine. If I use the middle mouse button to open amazon for example while I am on the "youtube" tab, it would do the same thing: youtube > amazon > google > rest, only it will instantly jump to amazon, but the important part is that amazon is next to the tab I was on (youtube in this case).

Now though, in scenario 1 with tabs, if I open 3 new video tabs from the "youtube" tab, the LATEST one is the one that ends up next to the first one, so youtube > 3rd video > 2nd > 1st > google > rest. In other words, ANY new tab is forced next to the current one, rather than in the order of opening like it was before.

Turning the extension off "fixes" scenario 1 and opens them in order again, but then opening a bookmarked website from your toolbar shoots you ALL THE WAY to the right. So scenario 2 is ruined. To extend on the previous example from scenario 2, if I have "youtube" and "google" is next to it, and I go to open amazon from my toolbar, it goes youtube > google > rest > amazon. With 3 tabs that might not be that big of an issue, but when you have 100 tabs and I am currently doing work on tab 1, your bookmarked link that you just opened with middle mouse button suddenly catapults you and opens as 101 instead of 2... I hope this is a bit clearer as to why it is a problem. You could have both scenarios work before with just this simple extension, but the update is now forcing me to choose between tabs opening properly in order as they should OR bookmark toolbar links opening next to the one I am on.

If there was some change to how tabs open in the latest update and the idea was to no longer need the extension, can we at least have the option to ALSO have any new websites opened from the bookmark toolbar open NEXT to our current one rather than at the very end?

Résolu 3

Firefox restores my old tabs on start up even if I dont want it.

I am using Firefox on Linux Ubuntu 26.04. I normally work with multiple tabs. Then I quit Firefox with all tabs open at the point of quitting. Some times on the rare oc… (lire la suite)

I am using Firefox on Linux Ubuntu 26.04. I normally work with multiple tabs. Then I quit Firefox with all tabs open at the point of quitting. Some times on the rare occasion there can be a forced quit due to some issues. In my settings I have configured it not to open the previous tabs. In fact I want a blank page. But whenever I reopen Firefox, it opens those tabs and tries to reload which is annoying. Some of these pages take a long time to reload, and why would I want to look at tabs which I already have read. Or if it crashes due to some website on a tab why reopen something that crashed in the place ? Can you fix this. Thanks.

Résolu 8 60

Can Firefox Android keep newly created empty tabs open?

When I tap New Tab in Firefox for Android, a new empty tab is created. However, if I don't type anything in the address bar or open a webpage, the empty tab does not rema… (lire la suite)

When I tap New Tab in Firefox for Android, a new empty tab is created. However, if I don't type anything in the address bar or open a webpage, the empty tab does not remain available when I switch between tabs.

I would like Firefox to keep empty tabs open until I manually close them, even if I haven't entered a URL or search.

For example, I would like to be able to have:

Tab 1 — ChatGPT Tab 2 — Empty new tab Tab 3 — Empty new tab Tab 4 — Empty new tab

Then I can switch to any empty tab later and start searching or browsing.

Chrome allows this behavior, so I would like to know:

Is there a Firefox Android setting that allows empty tabs to remain open? If not, is this a known issue or feature request? If it is not currently supported, where can I submit a feature request for it?

I am using Firefox for Android and would prefer not to have unused empty tabs automatically removed.

Ouvert 2 1

Dragging tabs opens mission control unintentionally

When I try to drag tabs to reorder them, while I'm dragging it, it shows a small transparent preview at my mouse cursor. After about 1 second of dragging it, my Mac enter… (lire la suite)

When I try to drag tabs to reorder them, while I'm dragging it, it shows a small transparent preview at my mouse cursor. After about 1 second of dragging it, my Mac enters mission control as if i pressed the F3 key. When i let go, it opens the tab i dragged into a separate window. This happens even when i haven't dragged the tab out of the toolbar.

Ouvert 2

Please fix Samsung Dex interface

I really like using Firefox across all my devices. The only thing ruining my experience is the huge and useless bar on top of the tabs bar when enabling Dex mode on my Sa… (lire la suite)

I really like using Firefox across all my devices. The only thing ruining my experience is the huge and useless bar on top of the tabs bar when enabling Dex mode on my Samsung tablet! That and the inability to get two or more tabs side by side. This feature is already standard on all the other mainstream browsers. Please add this soon. Thanks

Ouvert 1

Tabs do not save once browser is closed

Recently my browser has not been saving my tabs once I close Firefox. Every time redo the tabs and then close the browser, the next time i open up Firefox, they all disap… (lire la suite)

Recently my browser has not been saving my tabs once I close Firefox. Every time redo the tabs and then close the browser, the next time i open up Firefox, they all disappear. In the Home and Startup settings, the Open previous windows and tabs is checked. I still have the closed tab history but it still doesn't save the tabs after closing the browser down.

Résolu 2

is there any way to disable 'swipe to close' tabs on Android?

As someone who tends to have a lot of tabs open, I am constantly frustrated by trying to scroll through my tabs, only to consistently have tabs accidentally closed becaus… (lire la suite)

As someone who tends to have a lot of tabs open, I am constantly frustrated by trying to scroll through my tabs, only to consistently have tabs accidentally closed because my thumb drifts slightly to one side or the other. I find this 'feature' very annoying. There's an 'x' on the corner of each tab in the all tabs view should I choose to, or want to close one. The only saving grace I have in these situations is the undo prompt when my tabs are inadvertently closed, if I'm quick enough to catch it, or realize that it happened. I would like to disable this 'swipe to close' nonsense though, so that my tabs only get closed when I Want them to be closed. But I can't seem to find a setting for it. Sometimes the page I was using in them loses information, or messes up what I was doing on them due to them being closed and subsequently reloaded. Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Ouvert

I am failing to enable vertical tabs on windows 11 firefox browser

I have installed the firefox browser using a firefox installer version 18.5.0.0. However, when I try to switch to vertical tabs, they are not activating, even when I try … (lire la suite)

I have installed the firefox browser using a firefox installer version 18.5.0.0. However, when I try to switch to vertical tabs, they are not activating, even when I try to click the sidebar button. Attached are screenshots showing a horizontal tab view working, while the vertical tab view is not working. How can I resolve this?

Résolu 2

Sites don't recover after canceling a browser

Everything was ok, but exidently (maybe after some update) my firefox browser just stopped recovering my pages after closing and reopening it. YES, it is turned on in set… (lire la suite)

Everything was ok, but exidently (maybe after some update) my firefox browser just stopped recovering my pages after closing and reopening it. YES, it is turned on in settings and I tried every single advice I found, this [bad] browser just don' do it. I don't have extensions. There are backups files in sessionstore-backups, but it doesn't load it. I looked at sessionstore-logs there was a one error(date is about time recovery stopped working), which was caused by lack of free space on my disk, but now I have a lot of free space and it still doesn't work

Ouvert 2

Tabs do not stay visible at top of page and I can't fix it

I am stuck in full screen. I can get back to the tab menu by moving my mouse but I have arthritis in my hands and every extra movement makes it harder for me to use my … (lire la suite)

I am stuck in full screen. I can get back to the tab menu by moving my mouse but I have arthritis in my hands and every extra movement makes it harder for me to use my computer, in addition to the flipping back and forth being incredibly annoying. I am going to have to use a different browser if I can't find a way to stop this. There must be an easy fix but I can't find anything in settings that helps.

Résolu 1

On unselect or close of Firefox, it moves me to a Blank tab.

9/19/2026 Firefox Mobile 7.236.0.18 for iPhone 16e IOS 26.7. This started happening about 3 weeks to 1.5 months ago. If I am on a tab that is NOT a New/Blank/Empty tab, a… (lire la suite)

9/19/2026 Firefox Mobile 7.236.0.18 for iPhone 16e IOS 26.7.

This started happening about 3 weeks to 1.5 months ago. If I am on a tab that is NOT a New/Blank/Empty tab, and I close Firefox, or my phone goes to sleep, or I jump to another phone app. Then Firefox moves the active browser tab from the tab I am on "Cnn.Com" or any other site, to a Blank/Empty tab.

I have not actually experienced this next thing yet, I don't think... If I don't have Blank/Empty tab, then it will create a NEW tab to put me on.

This is VERY odd and I hate it very much. Thanks.

Résolu 4

All my container tabs dissapeared.

I had maybe 8 to 15 container tabs, and they have all disappeared a few times before, i was a bit bothered but i didnt have anything too important there, but this time i … (lire la suite)

I had maybe 8 to 15 container tabs, and they have all disappeared a few times before, i was a bit bothered but i didnt have anything too important there, but this time i had a few container tabs that had stuff that i had to keep there because i wouldnt remember them. now they are all gone, and it really annoying and i dont know how to get them back.

Ouvert 1

Button "Save windows and tabs of the current session" is no longer available in the current Firefox version 152.0.1

Hello everyone, Until a few days ago, Firefox version 140.12.0esr included a button to "Save windows and tabs of the current! session." Unfortunately, this feature is no … (lire la suite)

Hello everyone, Until a few days ago, Firefox version 140.12.0esr included a button to "Save windows and tabs of the current! session." Unfortunately, this feature is no longer available in the current version, 152.0.1. However, for many Firefox users, saving the windows and tabs of the current! session is absolutely essential. What options are there now to resolve this issue? I would appreciate any suggestions! If there is no way to restore this feature, I, too, will unfortunately have to switch browsers after 20 years as a Firefox user. Many thanks in advance for your help and any information. Best regards, Norbert

Ouvert 6 1 20