Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Ouvert

Text field: autocompletion: a menu with a history of typed phrases

Graham Perrin

In some multi-line text fields:

  • when I begin typing, a menu drops down or pops up.

Each menu option is a previously-typed phrase, not necessarily recent.

Is this a hidden feature of Firefox?

It's very recently evident with at least three websites:

Reproducible with multiple Firefox profiles. Also evident with Firefox in safe mode.

Not evident with Microsoft Edge.

At a glance, I don't see anything relevant in release notes – https://www.firefox.com/en-GB/firefox/154.0/releasenotes/

It's possible that the feature was inadvertently enabled in response to an unknown combination of keys (shortcuts) as described in Mastodon.

In some multi-line text fields: * when I begin typing, a menu drops down or pops up. Each menu option is a previously-typed phrase, not necessarily recent. Is this a hidden feature of Firefox? It's very recently evident with at least three websites: * old Reddit, pictured at https://mastodon.bsd.cafe/@grahamperrin/117120940452711262 * Mastodon, pictured here and at https://mastodon.bsd.cafe/@grahamperrin/117124332180878790 * here – support.mozilla.org – when I began typing. Reproducible with multiple Firefox profiles. Also evident with Firefox in safe mode. Not evident with Microsoft Edge. At a glance, I don't see anything relevant in release notes – https://www.firefox.com/en-GB/firefox/154.0/releasenotes/ It's possible that the feature was inadvertently enabled in response to an unknown combination of keys (shortcuts) as described in Mastodon.
Captures d’écran jointes

Vous devez vous identifier avec votre compte pour répondre aux messages. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question, si vous n’avez pas encore de compte.