Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Etsi tuesta

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Lue lisää
Arkistoitu

Keyboard shortcut for switching between windows broken

zeemoney

The keyboard shortcut to switch between Firefox windows (cmd + ~) suddenly stopped working. I just updated my OS (to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion), hoping that would fix the problem. But it hasn't.

All the Firefox preferences look fine, and I can't figure out why this keyboard shortcut is no longer working. It's such a useful feature and I'd like it back. Any advice?

Thanks!

The keyboard shortcut to switch between Firefox windows (cmd + ~) suddenly stopped working. I just updated my OS (to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion), hoping that would fix the problem. But it hasn't. All the Firefox preferences look fine, and I can't figure out why this keyboard shortcut is no longer working. It's such a useful feature and I'd like it back. Any advice? Thanks!

Kaikki vastaukset (3)

Check in System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Keyboard & Text Input and make sure that "Move focus to next window in application" is checked.

Try to repair the disk permissions:


Try to remove the Firefox plist file (org.mozilla.firefox.plist).

Go to "~/Library/Preferences" and remove the plist file for Firefox (org.mozilla.firefox.plist)

Changing the keyboard shortcuts preferences worked. Thank you!