Archived emails are not showing. Says there are messages there, just not listed or summarised.
I received an error message when I did a bulk archive of my inbox. I have messages from 2016 and 2017, but not 2018 and 2019. I suspect it is that I was trying to archive too many messages. The summary for 2018 and 2019 both say they have messages just that nothing is visible.
Mehr Details zum System
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0
TRy the following: See if indexing needs fixing: right click on folder and select 'Properties' click on 'Repair folder' Click on OK
See if you have an invisible list: Can you click in the area where you would expect to see the list of emails and see if an email magically appears in the Mesage Pane. If email appears then youhave invisible list. Click on the small icon to the right of the 'Date' column header and select 'Restore column order'.
See if subscribing again to see folders works: Right click on the mail account name folder and select 'Subscribe' click on 'Refresh' Select/highlight the '2018' and '2019' folders click on 'Subscribe' click on OK
My problem is a bit different. I had no problem creating my archives for 2015-2018, and I had been checking them from time to time. But recently, when I click on the tab for one of these years, I just get a blank list and the blue circle turns endlessly (screen shot). I've tried "Repair", but TBird doesn't even read the file location (screen shot). If I open them with a text editor such as EMacs, I can see that the data is there intact. I suspect that they might be too large (over 300 MB), and that some kind of memory handling in TBird has changed such that they can no longer be read. This is happening on all my Win10 machines, and my two desktops have 64GB of RAM.
Try this: Exit Thunderbird. Access Profile name folder. Delete the following files:
If pop access the Mail/pop mail account name folder. open the 'Archives.sbd' folder delete the '2015.msf' file.
Thank you! The problem is resolved. I believe the fix was due to the deletion of the *.msf file, but no doubt, the rest of it was also relevant.