All my saved passwords are gone. Help!
Last night everything was fine, I woke up today, turned on mozilla, i needed an old password and EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!! HELP!
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0
hi, we've heard from a couple of users that their avg/avast security software would be corrupting the firefox password store after each reboot of the system unfortunately.
you could check if this is the case for you as well:
- enter about:support into the address bar and click the button to open your profile folder.
- then close all open firefox windows
- in your profile folder, look for a file named 'logins.json.corrupted' - in case it's existing please rename it to 'logins.json'
- your list of passwords might returning after you start firefox again
if this is applicable to your situation, then please reach out to avg/avast's support as well in order to inquire why their software is interfering with the firefox password store and if they have fix for this. otherwise please uninstall their software for the moment...
Sadly, it didn't do it. I gave up hope. I tried everything I found on-line...
Do you still have the files?
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox? Look inside. Look for the folder with the latest creation date.