Changing the Tab Bar position
I had a bookmark saved (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/925973) that explained how to move the tabs toolbar back to the traditional location below the bookmarks toolbar. it said:
You can change this preference manually until someone figures out where it has moved in the UI.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the filter box, type or paste tabs and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click browser.tabs.onTop to switch it from true to false to move the tabs below the toolbars.
Now, browser.tabs.onTop no longer appears in the list.
How does one go about this operation now? I am much more comfortable with the tabs immediately above the window associated with the tab than the newer default of the tabs toolbar (in my case) 3 rows up from the window. I have the navigation, menu, and bookmarks all turned on.
Mehr Details zum System
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.20.20039
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Sorry that is no longer somthing you are able to do from prefs. Please also see your other question
Where an answer was posted.
The addon Classic Theme Restorer does I understand simulate the old tabs appearance, behaviour and positioning.
I had a bookmark saved (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/925973) that explained how to move the tabs toolbar back to the traditional location below the bookmarks toolbar. it said: You can change this preference manually until someone figures out where it has moved in the UI. ...
That thread is dated 4/25/12 and was concerning the Firefox 12.0 version. Look at the dates of the threads you read and also view the Firefox version being discussed.
There was major change in Firefox 29 [April 29, 2014] that removed that preference and removed the feature that allowed the Tab position to be moved.
As mentioned, you need an extension to restore that feature.