Showing questions for topic:

Why does Firefox label the Kurdish language as Persian while other browsers such as Chrome and Edge correctly identify Kurdish and label it properly?

When the automatic translation pop-up appears, Firefox incorrectly detects Kurdish text and labels it as Persian. Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge… (read more)

When the automatic translation pop-up appears, Firefox incorrectly detects Kurdish text and labels it as Persian. Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, accurately identify and label Kurdish as its own distinct language. This misclassification disrupts translation accuracy and usability for Kurdish speakers. Please update the language detection model in Firefox Translations to correctly recognize and label Kurdish.

Open 1

Translation between SimCN and TraCN is broken

Well, you know, for translation between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese, it's quite simple, people just need to replace one word's (if it has) simplified form … (read more)

Well, you know, for translation between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese, it's quite simple, people just need to replace one word's (if it has) simplified form to traditional form (or vice versa) without changing the word itself.

(Even if you want more changes, there are indeed some flavor difference about using which words to describe one thing. For example, 硬件/硬體,it means hardware, but 體's simplified form is 体,so there's a little difference on the selection of words. But at its maximum, it's still in order and in low amount.)

However the translation provided by Firefox processes this like it's a total of 2 different languages and it results in a totally different output. Moreover, the output losts almost all original logics (not literally “all” but a 25~50% can already ruin any translation), which means it's unreadable, it's not translation in any degree but a nonsense writing.

So, are you using a low quality machinery translation and by the logic SCh-En-TCh?

Open

IME switches language between tabs, how to disable?

I'm using Microsoft PinYin IME. In Chrome, all tabs share a single IME settings, all English or all Chinese, won't switch when the tab changes. But in Firefox, it switche… (read more)

I'm using Microsoft PinYin IME. In Chrome, all tabs share a single IME settings, all English or all Chinese, won't switch when the tab changes. But in Firefox, it switches randomly, which I want to disable. Is there any settings about this?

Open

Problem to write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't.

I can't write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't. On Opera browser it's working good with Bengali Typing. In Firefox it's not workin… (read more)

I can't write Bengali fonts in Firefox. I tried several ways to fix it, but I couldn't. On Opera browser it's working good with Bengali Typing. In Firefox it's not working. I have tried to write আমার সোনার বাংলা it's going to like this (‘‘্রও েরনসমfv h১৥#৪% ). When I paste Bengali writing from other source it's working good like this আমার সোনার বাংলা. How can I fix this issue ?

Open 1

Firefox under Linux (X11), dead keys don't work any more.

Hi, I'm using Firefox 155.0.1 64bits, in Linux Mint Debian Edition 7, x11, XFCE4. I have a Belgian keyboard. I have noticed that the dead keys aren't working any more whe… (read more)

Hi,

I'm using Firefox 155.0.1 64bits, in Linux Mint Debian Edition 7, x11, XFCE4. I have a Belgian keyboard. I have noticed that the dead keys aren't working any more when typing text / messages from within Firefox. I don't have this problem in other browsers or applications.

I used xev (x11 utility) to check if the dead keys were working and tested a different keyboard, all work. I tried to start Firefox in safe mode or by starting Firefox from a terminal with the following commands: - env GTK_IM_MODULE=xim firefox - env GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus firefox

But nothing worked. The dead keys aren't working. The issue must come from Firefox for it is not an hardware issue (tried different keyboards) nor software (dead keys work in other applications).

Any idea to fix this ?

Solved 11 50

langue French

Bonjour, La langue FRENCH est cochée dans mes paramètres et pourtant à chaque ouverture de la boite mail, tout est en anglais ! Je veux uniquement la langue FRENCH. Merci… (read more)

Bonjour, La langue FRENCH est cochée dans mes paramètres et pourtant à chaque ouverture de la boite mail, tout est en anglais ! Je veux uniquement la langue FRENCH.

Merci

Solved 6 2

kann leider kein Englisch

Warum in Englisch??? Ich lebe in Deutschland, habe mich in Deutschland in "Deutscher Sprache" angemeldet und erwarte dass Firefox dass nicht nur zur Kenntnis nimmt, sond… (read more)

Warum in Englisch??? Ich lebe in Deutschland, habe mich in Deutschland in "Deutscher Sprache" angemeldet und erwarte dass Firefox dass nicht nur zur Kenntnis nimmt, sondern auch anwendet! Ich will nicht bei jedem Umblättern oder anklicken von Links jedes Mal wieder versuchen eine Deutsche Seite zu erlangen - das ist ätzend und leider auch technisch nicht sehr überzeugend! Auch auf dieser Seite sind die meißten Texte in Englisch -das ist einfach schlecht - wenn ich dem System als Sprache Deutsch angebe, erwarte ich von einem System im 21. Jahrhundert, dass er das nicht nur versteht sondern auch beibehält und auch bei der nächsten Anmeldung in dem Account noch weiß und nicht wieder erneut mit dem "Engisch-Zirkus" beginnt. Leider ist diese Programm gefühlt davon weiter entfernt als Berlin von NewYork! Rainer Wojtenek, 17.9.2026 15:44 PS Leider weiß ich auch nicht, warum ich so viele Accounts habe - z.B. wüsste ich nicht, wieso ich Info1953 eingerichtet haben sollte - das ist "Deutsch audgedrückt" leider alles Mist! Dass ich inzwischen 79 Jahre alt bin ist einerseits schön, andererseits leider sehr anstrengend, da die Anforderungen an einen Account ganz offensichtlich im 21. Jahrhunfert nicht einfacher geworden sind, sondern gefühlt ein Rückschritt in die Steinzeit. Ihnen noch einen schönen Tag...

Open 1 20

Spell check language cannot be changed from "English (United Kingdom)"

The British have colonized my spell check somehow and I'm completely at a loss on how to evict them. When I right-click to change my spell check language, the only optio… (read more)

The British have colonized my spell check somehow and I'm completely at a loss on how to evict them.

When I right-click to change my spell check language, the only option I have is "English (United Kingdom)", while the only Dictionary that I have installed is "English (US)". In my language settings, while I can set any preferred language, my only Fallback Language option is "English (GB)".

I would like my Spell Check to properly reflect the dumb language that I speak, please. I'm on Version 156, but this has persisted for several months.

Steps already taken: - Scoured the settings for a misconfiguration - Rebooted my computer - Cleared the Startup Cache - Opened Firefox in Troubleshooting Mode - Refreshing Firefox

Solved 2

Firefox 156 cannot change browser UI language after update

Hello, After Firefox automatically updated to version 156.0 (64-bit) on Windows 11, I can no longer change the browser interface language. The browser UI is currently dis… (read more)

Hello,

After Firefox automatically updated to version 156.0 (64-bit) on Windows 11, I can no longer change the browser interface language.

The browser UI is currently displayed in English. In Settings > Languages, I can select Chinese as the Browser Language, but the change is never applied.

What happens: - I select Chinese as the Browser Language. - Firefox asks to restart (or saves the setting). - After restarting Firefox, the entire interface is still in English. - Rebooting Windows does not help. - The setting appears to be ignored.

Before updating to Firefox 156, the browser language worked correctly.

Additional information: - Firefox version: 156.0 (64-bit) - Operating system: Windows 11 - The issue started immediately after the automatic update. - Website language settings work normally. - Only the browser UI language cannot be changed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue after updating to Firefox 156?

Thank you.

Open 2

Entering Unicode characters insets a row-break instead.

System: Linux Mint 22.3 Xfce Firefox web-browser: mint-001 - 1.0 _ 155.0.1 (64-bit) Hardware: Both on my Desktop and Laptop computers. Since the recent updates, 1-2 weeks… (read more)

System: Linux Mint 22.3 Xfce Firefox web-browser: mint-001 - 1.0 _ 155.0.1 (64-bit) Hardware: Both on my Desktop and Laptop computers.

Since the recent updates, 1-2 weeks, every time I try to enter a character via Unicode insertion, CTRL+ALT+U, the character does not insert but a row break. I made a video about it: https://youtu.be/OP9UCGpZdEc

This happens in every website I use; mostly likely on every website.

Is there anything I can do now?

Thank you for your time reading this. 🙇

Solved 5 92

Poor translation and setup

The browser recognizes Russian on the website as English and automatically translates it into "Russian," but what it actually produces is a jumble of letters that are nei… (read more)

The browser recognizes Russian on the website as English and automatically translates it into "Russian," but what it actually produces is a jumble of letters that are neither Russian nor English. Essentially, the browser is translating from Russian—which I don't need to translate, since I'm from Russia—into an incomprehensible, non-existent language. And I can't turn off automatic translation of Russian because it's not available. There's a toggle switch: "Never translate English," but that doesn't work for Russian. You can click "Never translate this site" on the website itself, but the problem is that it's for a single website. It means I have to turn off translation and reload the website every time I visit a Russian-language website. This is very inconvenient. I ask you to add an option to disable translation of an entire language, not just English or a specific website.

Archived 3 130