Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

সহায়তা খুঁজুন

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

আরও জানুন
Solved

recover profile

sbinsbin2

157 uglified firefox so I downgraded to 156. I lost my entire profile. How do I recover it

157 uglified firefox so I downgraded to 156. I lost my entire profile. How do I recover it
প্রেক্ষাপটে এই উত্তরটি পড়ুন।

চয়ন করা সমাধান

Paul said

If you do not have a backup of your profile, it may not be possible to restore it in Firefox.

upon further research myself, directory in %appdata% contains all past profiles hidden away from firefox UI -- the entire 20 gigabytes of it -- meaning, it didn't delete them.

Thanks for not only being unhelpful, but misleading as well.

sbinsbin2 দ্বারা পরিমিত

All Replies (7)

Hi

Do you have a backup of your profile or your data synced to another copy of Firefox?

Paul said

Hi Do you have a backup of your profile or your data synced to another copy of Firefox?

no, which is why I'm asking in the first place, assuming firefox wasn't stupid enough to nuke itself because of downgrade

If you do not have a backup of your profile, it may not be possible to restore it in Firefox.

so it was stupid enough to nuke itself. lessons learned: never update

Updating Firefox should normally for most people be fine. If you had taken a backup of the profile with Firefox closed, uninstalled Firefox, installed the older version, then manually added files from the saved profile (again with Firefox closed), it may have worked.

well it's a shame someone had already decided to take the extra effort to deliberately destroy profile data upon detecting a downgrade just to ruin my day.

চয়ন করা সমাধান

Paul said

If you do not have a backup of your profile, it may not be possible to restore it in Firefox.

upon further research myself, directory in %appdata% contains all past profiles hidden away from firefox UI -- the entire 20 gigabytes of it -- meaning, it didn't delete them.

Thanks for not only being unhelpful, but misleading as well.

sbinsbin2 দ্বারা পরিমিত

একটি প্রশ্ন জিজ্ঞাসা করুন

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.