Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Open

Retention Policy - Delete all but the most recent 10 messages

triatica

I have created an IMAP folder and set the Retention Policy to "Delete all but the most recent 10 messages".

When I copy in 10 messages from this month and 1 message from 5 months ago, in that order, one of the messages from this month is subsequently deleted by the retention policy, rather than the oldest message by date.

I am having trouble finding documentation on what should be the expected behaviour. Should I expect messages to be deleted oldest to newest by message date, or deleted according to the order they are copied to the IMAP folder as seems to be the case?

I have created an IMAP folder and set the Retention Policy to "Delete all but the most recent 10 messages". When I copy in 10 messages from this month and 1 message from 5 months ago, in that order, one of the messages from this month is subsequently deleted by the retention policy, rather than the oldest message by date. I am having trouble finding documentation on what should be the expected behaviour. Should I expect messages to be deleted oldest to newest by message date, or deleted according to the order they are copied to the IMAP folder as seems to be the case?

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.