I used to use IE2 tab in FF to watch video in some sites e.g BBC iplayer. However with recent versions of FF when I switch IE tab for vid I get an error message
The IE tab 2 add on functions correctly in so far as it brings up the page in an IE tab and does so perfectly except for any video windows.
The error message received is in the video window:
"There was a problem initialising the player" and "script access is denied in your browser"
Is there any way to change an FF or IE setting to correct this,
Modified by Stevek581
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Skype Web Plugin
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Support for IE Tab2 is over here: https://getsatisfaction.com/ietab/products/ietab_ie_tab_2_for_firefox
Just a thought, iPlayer supports Firefox so there should be no need to use IE tab for that
The following browsers have been tested to work with BBC iPlayer as of 11 May 2014: ....
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and above Mozilla Firefox (Latest Version)
.... The browsers listed have been tested with BBC iPlayer on the following operating systems:
Linux Ubuntu 11.x Mac OSX 10.x Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP Windows 8
You will also need to have Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or later installed.
Yes, thanks John99, I was aware of that and I am also aware that FF works well with most if not all video providers most of the time. I use IE tab 2 in FF for the odd occasion when i have problems in the FF tab.
I can also use the tab option of "Open in Ext. App" which also works with BBC iplayer and the other video providers where the "switch renderering engine" does not.
I suppose I may be being a bit of a perfectionist but i think that an application should work properly- it works with YouTube for example, therefore it should work with the BBC- perhaps it is down to the BBC iplayer team. Thanks again anyway.