Changes affecting Adobe Flash on Firefox for Mac
No one has helped translate this article yet. If you already know how localizing for SUMO works, start translating now. If you want to learn how to translate articles for SUMO, please start here.
This article only applies to Firefox for Mac.
The sandbox is known to prevent the following features from working:
- Print to PDF from the Flash print dialog
- Print to Open in Preview from the Flash print dialog
- Quicklook in the File -> Open menu
- Saving files from a Flash applet
- Flash applets downloading and running the Adobe Air installer
- Flash triggering Adobe Air applications to run
To disable the Flash sandbox in Firefox, follow these steps:
In the address bar, type about:config and press EnterReturn.
- The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click to continue to the about:config page.
- Find the preference dom.ipc.plugins.sandbox-level.flash and double-click on it.
- Enter an integer value of 0 (zero) and click .
- Quit and reopen Firefox so that the change will take effect.