This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I download a full version of Firefox to intall offline on a computer that has only dialup internet access
I need to download the full version of Firefox files to be copied to a flash or other drive then installed on a machine which only has dial up internet access. The dial up takes too long to download the files necessary for the installation.
All Replies (5)
- Download the setup file (Firefox Setup 3.6.10.exe) from http://www.mozilla.com/
- Copy that file to the other computer and run it to install Firefox
Your above posted system details show outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
Update the Java plugin to the latest version.
- http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp (Java Platform: Download JRE)
Update the Flash plugin to the latest version.
This is so NOT an answer. I have tried this twice and timed out on the big/main download at a bit over 50%.
Please start a new thread for your problem or question and provide troubleshooting information like your operating system and installed extensions and installed plugins.
- Firefox 6.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
For anyone trying to download the latest version of the full Firefox installer, go to this link where you can choose your language and version and can download the offline installation file: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
If that doesn't work for you (non-US downloads), on the download page beneath the green box that says: Firefox Free Download, click on the link that says: "Systems and Languages" - this should take you to the appropriate page.
Modified by techguru323