Why aren't social networking sites working?
Okay, so every time I try to go on a social networking site, like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and even Formspring, it doesn't work. It keeps saying that "the connection to the server was reset while the page was loading". When I go on Formspring it takes me to the loginpage but wont let me enter my username and password. I tried clearing the cookies and cache like one of the articles said, but it didn't work. I tried using a different browser, Internet Explorer, and it didn't load these sites either. This problem has been going on for the past 3 days, and its happening on both of our computers. Please help!
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked