How do I turn off Switch-to-Tab?
I open multiple tabs of the same page many times, such as in Imvu or on Facebook when I am accepting/filling games requests. Since I have so many at once to do, I generally open the confirm requests page multiple times and go down the list accepting requests as I go to save time. With the new Switch-to-Tab feature, however, I start typing in the address and I don't have that addy show up immediately under the address bar anymore to choose from, it wants me to switch to the open tab instead. So how can I turn off the Switch-to-Tab feature for the times when I don't need or want it?
You can do that by installing the Switch to Tab no more add-on - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/switch-to-tab-no-more
1. Goto about:config 2. search for browser.tabs.loaddivertedinbackground 3. Set to true or false, True will not automatically switch to new tabs.
- Press the Shift key while an entry in the drop down list is highlighted to disable "Switch to Tab" and see the URL.
- Use the cursor Right key to select an item marked as Switch to Tab in the drop down list and copy the URL to the location bar.
- Open such an URL in a new tab by using Alt + Enter.
- Open an entry in the current tab by using Shift + Enter.
(locking thread because of age)