Windows 10 已于2025年10月14日停止支持。如果您正在使用 Windows 10,参见 这篇文章。

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜索 | 用户支持

防范以用户支持为名的诈骗。我们绝对不会要求您拨打电话或发送短信,及提供任何个人信息。请使用“举报滥用”选项报告涉及违规的行为。

详细了解
Solved 已存档

Deploying Firefox ESR for Mac with policies.json

D3xbot

I'm working on building a deployment for Firefox 78.1.0 ESR in a mixed Windows/macOS environment. I've got a policies.json file that works, and was able to install it on Windows via a batch script that runs the installer MSI, creates the distribution directory, and copies the policies.json to that location.

Where I'm struggling is getting this deployed on the Mac side of things. I've followed the directions to apply policy and remove the quarantine here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/deploying-firefox-customizations-macos While this works on my Mac, when I deploy it to my test collection (via AirDrop, Self-Service, or by running the PKG file made by JAMF Composer), macOS says the app is damaged and should be deleted.

Does anyone know a way around that?

I'm working on building a deployment for Firefox 78.1.0 ESR in a mixed Windows/macOS environment. I've got a policies.json file that works, and was able to install it on Windows via a batch script that runs the installer MSI, creates the distribution directory, and copies the policies.json to that location. Where I'm struggling is getting this deployed on the Mac side of things. I've followed the directions to apply policy and remove the quarantine here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/deploying-firefox-customizations-macos While this works on ''my'' Mac, when I deploy it to my test collection (via AirDrop, Self-Service, or by running the PKG file made by JAMF Composer), macOS says the app is damaged and should be deleted. Does anyone know a way around that?

所有回复 (1)

选择的解决方案

In speaking with my supervisor, I found that in building a policy, I can instruct JAMF to install Firefox and run a script post-install. This allowed me to customize Firefox without worrying about signing apps or gatekeeper.

Script:

#! /bin/bash

cd /Applications mkdir ./Firefox.app/Contents/Resources/distribution printf "Your minified JSON\n formatted to Firefox's liking with printf" > ./Firefox.app/Contents/Resources/distribution/policies.json xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine Firefox.app

Mind the whitespace - when I tried to collapse the spaces, Firefox did not like it. For instance: {

 "policies": {
   "Bookmarks": [
    {
     "Placement": "toolbar",
     "Title": "Google",
     "URL": "https://www.google.com"
    }
   ]
 }

} would become {\n "policies": {\n "Bookmarks": [\n {\n "Placement": "toolbar",\n "Title": "Google",\n "URL": "https://www.google.com"\n }\n ]\n }\n}