Windows 10 已于2025年10月14日停止支持。如果您正在使用 Windows 10,参见 这篇文章。

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜索 | 用户支持

防范以用户支持为名的诈骗。我们绝对不会要求您拨打电话或发送短信,及提供任何个人信息。请使用“举报滥用”选项报告涉及违规的行为。

详细了解
已存档

How can I set Firefox to fullscreen within a window?

K.B. Tidwell

I often use two Firefox instances side-by-side, splitting the screen in half by dragging each instance to the left and right edges, allowing Windows 10 to anchor them as half-screen windows.

Due to limited screen size, I'd like to be able to select full screen on each window and have them go full screen, but only within the window, not each enlarging to fill the entire display.

The reason for this is that I want to eliminate the tabs and menu bar, and the Windows taskbar from view in order to see more of the browser content. Naturally, the only way I've been able to do this so far is to have a two-monitor setup, full screening Firefox on each one.

I often use two Firefox instances side-by-side, splitting the screen in half by dragging each instance to the left and right edges, allowing Windows 10 to anchor them as half-screen windows. Due to limited screen size, I'd like to be able to select full screen on each window and have them go full screen, but only within the window, not each enlarging to fill the entire display. The reason for this is that I want to eliminate the tabs and menu bar, and the Windows taskbar from view in order to see more of the browser content. Naturally, the only way I've been able to do this so far is to have a two-monitor setup, full screening Firefox on each one.

所有回复 (4)

Fullscreen is fullscreen, both width and height. Firefox won't show 2 windows tiled side-by-side and make the height of either window "fullscreen".

The Menu Bar is hidden by default, so that's not an issue, and the "tab-strip" can be hidden via userChrome.css when only one Tab is open in the window.

https://www.userchrome.org/ https://old.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/

Then I will go suggest that there needs to be a “fullwindow” command. Being productive on a smaller screen needs help. Thank you for your time.

K.B. Tidwell , I was reading that what you're looking for was possible in Windows 8.1 You might want to look in the direction of why it was removed in Win 10.

RobertJ said

K.B. Tidwell , I was reading that what you're looking for was possible in Windows 8.1 You might want to look in the direction of why it was removed in Win 10.

Thank you, Robert! I'll do research and report back.