Windows 10 已于2025年10月14日停止支持。如果您正在使用 Windows 10,参见 这篇文章。

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜索 | 用户支持

防范以用户支持为名的诈骗。我们绝对不会要求您拨打电话或发送短信,及提供任何个人信息。请使用“举报滥用”选项报告涉及违规的行为。

详细了解
已存档

Problem with Cox Enhanced Email and Firefox (viewattachment files) created in email downloads

pad617

When I receive emails using Enhanced Webmail from Cox Communications the attachments will turn into "viewattachment" files when I try to open them or download them. I do not have the problem when using the Cox Classic Webmail and Firefox. However there are other issues with Classic Webmail that lead me to use the Enhanced version. I also do not have the problem when using another browser, such as IE or Chrome, and Enhanced Webmail.

When I try to open these files and I link it to the application it should use to open it I receive an error that the file is missing or not a valid file extension. For example, I can receive a .dwg file for Autocad. I open the email and can see that the attached file is a .dwg extension. However when I click to download, and the dialog box to (save) or (open) it appears, and I select (save) or (open) the file changes to "viewattachment" which I cannot open as a dowloaded file or use the the application (Autocad) to open it directly.

Cox tells me it may be an issue with Firefox extensions. I opened Firefox in safe mode as directed in a help article but the files still shows up as "viewattachment" I have updated all of my plugins as well. Can anyone help?

Jeff

When I receive emails using Enhanced Webmail from Cox Communications the attachments will turn into "viewattachment" files when I try to open them or download them. I do not have the problem when using the Cox Classic Webmail and Firefox. However there are other issues with Classic Webmail that lead me to use the Enhanced version. I also do not have the problem when using another browser, such as IE or Chrome, and Enhanced Webmail. When I try to open these files and I link it to the application it should use to open it I receive an error that the file is missing or not a valid file extension. For example, I can receive a .dwg file for Autocad. I open the email and can see that the attached file is a .dwg extension. However when I click to download, and the dialog box to (save) or (open) it appears, and I select (save) or (open) the file changes to "viewattachment" which I cannot open as a dowloaded file or use the the application (Autocad) to open it directly. Cox tells me it may be an issue with Firefox extensions. I opened Firefox in safe mode as directed in a help article but the files still shows up as "viewattachment" I have updated all of my plugins as well. Can anyone help? Jeff

所有回复 (2)

Firefox extensions are not disabled in Firefox safe mode, add ons are. Other troubleshooting steps that can be tried:

I tried the information in the article you list. I have this problem with Excel, jpegs, and dwg to name a few. I tried going online and opening a dwg file as suggested in the article and clicking the box that says to "use this application for these files" but the box remains grayed out. Thus, I cannot "add" Autocad application to the list of programs in Firefox.