Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla Destek’te Ara

Destek dolandırıcılığından kaçının. Mozilla sizden asla bir telefon numarasını aramanızı, mesaj göndermenizi veya kişisel bilgilerinizi paylaşmanızı istemez. Şüpheli durumları “Kötüye kullanım bildir” seçeneğini kullanarak bildirebilirsiniz.

Daha Fazlasını Öğren
Çözüldü Arşivlendi

Cannot open application associated with unknown filetype

John

I am trying to download or open a file type of .psdata for which I have an application installed however when I click the link FF simply opens the file which of course displays a page of binary data.

FF used to open this file correctly but now it does not.

Thanks

I am trying to download or open a file type of .psdata for which I have an application installed however when I click the link FF simply opens the file which of course displays a page of binary data. FF used to open this file correctly but now it does not. Thanks
Bu yanıtı konu içinde okuyun

Seçilen çözüm

With what content type does the server send the file?

  • Tools > Page Info > General

If Firefox displays the file in a tab then it is likely that the server sends the file as text/plain.

Tüm Yanıtlar (6)

Try a right click, select Save As.

Is the plugin that is used to handle this file type still enabled?

You can check that on the "Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Plugins" page.

See also Tools > Options > Applications

Thanks for responding Fred.

Yes, Save As works fine and I am sure our web site users could do that but the data will be known to them and they will have the application installed on their PC. So with that in mind we would like to open the appliction or at least get to the Open/Save dialog.

Seçilen çözüm

With what content type does the server send the file?

  • Tools > Page Info > General

If Firefox displays the file in a tab then it is likely that the server sends the file as text/plain.

Thanks cor-el

The application isn't installed as a plugin, it is a program on the PC.

This works fine in IE and used to work with previous versions of FF. The file type is recognized and the option to save or open the program is given.

As I say, at the moment all I am getting is a browser page of binary data instead of the Save or Open option.

With what content type does the server send the file?

If Firefox displays the file in a tab then it is likely that the server sends the file as text/plain.

Yes it does.

John tarafından tarihinde düzenlendi

Perfect cor-el

I put the .htaccess into the directory and all works again.

Many thanks guys for the fast, efficient help.

John

John tarafından tarihinde düzenlendi