Error message: E:\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Temp\xxxxx.xxx.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server admi… (மேலும் படிக்க)
Error message: E:\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Temp\xxxxx.xxx.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator.
I do want to mention upfront that this issue is also affecting Chrome and IE. It's not solely a Firefox issue, but I'm hoping someone here can help me anyways.
- This happens for any filetype, from any source.
- It started happening about a month ago.
- Prior to that, I installed a new motherboard, RAM and processor. I'm fairly certain there was a period between these events in which it worked fine, but I am mentioning it just in case it's relevant.
- If it's a small file and I try repeatedly, it sometimes will eventually download.
- Even if a large file successfully starts downloading, it will eventually fail. It usually fails immediately though.
- I sometimes have success downloading the same file in Chrome, but it also often fails. IE as well.
I have tried the following:
- Used Refresh Firefox
- Cleared download history
- Changed download location
- Reset browser.download values
- Disabled firewalls and antivirus/spyware
- Reinstalled Firefox using Run as Admin (first uninstalled previous version and deleted all program files that I could find, including profiles)
- Cleared cookies and cache
- Ran in safe mode
- Verified Temp folder filepath was valid
- Verified the PART file was created in that path -- it exists until I hit OK on the error message, then it disappears
- Ran Firefox as admin
I think these are outdated methods I only found on non-official sources, but will mention them just in case:
- I found some sources that said to delete Compreg.dat; I could not find this file in the place listed, nor could I find it with a search of the entire drive
- Verified places.sqlite was not set to read-only
- Removed read-only from entire profile folder and subfolders
In Options > Security: 'Block dangerous & deceptive content': true, 'Block dangerous downloads': false
Internet speed test: 58.96 Mbps download; 148.04 Mbps upload. No connection loss.
This problem is absolutely maddening. I'll be so grateful if anyone can help me out!! :( Thank you in advance, I know this was a long read!
(Edited for readability)