This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox changes my search settings after updating software
Every time I update my Firefox software, the settings changes all my Search preferences including preferred Search Engine back to Google. How can I avoid this?
All Replies (1)
Hi, obviously Firefox should not be doing this, but we're going to need a little more information to track this down. Here's a few questions that should help:
- Can you confirm that you are only setting the search preferences via the Firefox preferences UI?
- What are you setting your default engine to? Is this one of the pre-installed ones, or one you've installed from somewhere else (if so, where might be useful).
- Do you hide / remove engines that you aren't using?
- Do you set keywords as well, if so are they being lost?
- Finally, could you go to Help -> Troubleshooting Information, and copy the information with the buttons at the top and paste it here if you are ok with that. The main parts we need to see are "Application Basics", "Nightly Features", "Add-ons", "Important Modified Preferences" and "Internationalisation & Localisation".