Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Претражи подршку

Избегните преваре подршке. Никада од вас нећемо тражити да зовете или шаљете поруке на број или да делите личне податке. Пријавите сумњиве радње преко „Пријавите злоупотребу” опције.

Сазнај више
Архивирано

New download location listed twice in folder path

firefoxy12

If I try changing the download folder or save files to location, it places the folder I choose twice in the folder path. For example if I choose the desktop, it will put the folder path as "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Desktop".

I have tried it after disabling add-ons, running it in safe mode, resetting preferences, deleting the perf file, and even reinstalling firefox without saving preference files, but it still doesn't work. It happened after I upgraded to Firefox 9.0, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled clean updates since then.

Please help me because I want to be able to save my files to the Desktop automatically. Thanks! :D

If I try changing the download folder or save files to location, it places the folder I choose twice in the folder path. For example if I choose the desktop, it will put the folder path as "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Desktop". I have tried it after disabling add-ons, running it in safe mode, resetting preferences, deleting the perf file, and even reinstalling firefox without saving preference files, but it still doesn't work. It happened after I upgraded to Firefox 9.0, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled clean updates since then. Please help me because I want to be able to save my files to the Desktop automatically. Thanks! :D

Сви одговори (2)

Hi firefoxy12,

You should try the steps in How to fix preferences that won't save. It could be that Firefox is having trouble writing to the pref.js file.

You could also try starting Firefox in Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox or Creating a new profile.

Hopefully this helps!

I did try safe mode but I will definitely try the steps listed on the link you posted. Thanks!