Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Претражи подршку

Избегните преваре подршке. Никада од вас нећемо тражити да зовете или шаљете поруке на број или да делите личне податке. Пријавите сумњиве радње преко „Пријавите злоупотребу” опције.

Сазнај више
Архивирано

Download Files are not dragging to desktop properly

svermill

I am no longer able to drag and drop my downloaded files from Firefox directly to my desktop (ex: downloading a .pdf and dragging it to desktop). When I do that the file shows up as "file internet location" with the @ and the word "file" underneath it.

I've re-installed Firefox, reset download settings, etc. Nothing is working. Please help!

I've provided a screen shot of what the file looks like when dragged from my download file to the desktop.

I am no longer able to drag and drop my downloaded files from Firefox directly to my desktop (ex: downloading a .pdf and dragging it to desktop). When I do that the file shows up as "file internet location" with the @ and the word "file" underneath it. I've re-installed Firefox, reset download settings, etc. Nothing is working. Please help! I've provided a screen shot of what the file looks like when dragged from my download file to the desktop.
Приложени снимци екрана

Сви одговори (5)

I believe that the computer or browser thinks you want to place the link on the desktop. Not the file itself.

Thanks, Fred. How do I fix this if that's the case? Thanks!

Download the file, then place it where you want.

Could be his bug:

  • bug 1358075 - Fx53 no longer assigns user-friendly names to .webloc files on OS X

Please do not comment in bug reports
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html

Thank you! It looks like it might be...how do I fix it?