Chronik lost .In opened Firefox /reset run 2/3 Days(Full chronik), the the same again ,lost lost lost
Hi there I use Firefox a long Time but Chronik lost . In opened Firefox /reset run 2/3 Days(Full chronik), the the same again ,lost lost lost I´ve installed downloadhelper and AB+ Nothing else more This couldn`t be a virus? Thanks for help in that mystery
Vsi odgovori (2)
I do not understand what it is you are trying to say. If you don't know English well, please reply in your own language.
Please explain the problem in detail. What happens? What is/are the exact error message(s) ?
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history":
[X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exceptions for passwords and other website specific data
- clearing "Cookies" will remove all cookies including cookies with an allow exception you may want to keep
If you use external cleanup software like CCleaner then check the settings for Firefox.
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
This could be a problem with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use the "Places Database" -> "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If errors are reported with "Verify Integrity", close and restart Firefox or reboot and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
- you lose the history when a new places.sqlite is created
You may have to restore an older bookmarks backup in the bookmarkbackups folder via the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
- Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder