Táto téma bola archivovaná. Ak potrebujete pomôcť, založte prosím novú otázku.
Flash videos not working
Ok, I have win 7 pc x64. Embedded flash videos don't load (i.e. as found at jon stewart and just about everyone else on the web). Just a black screen, no error messages.
Firefox 28.0, Flash 12.0.77
I have uninstalled/reinstalled, I have turned on cookies and allowed popups, I have deleted the pluginreg.dat, I set it to always activate., I have enabled and disabled acceleration....
C'mon, this is flash, the entire world uses flash. Why is this so hard? This ought to be a basic competence.
Všetky odpovede (8)
Some problems with Flash video playback can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
Does this solve the problem? Let us know.
I tried disabling acceleration. Did not help.
Could you provide the screenshot of video error?
No screen to shoot. Just a black box where the video is supposed to be.
Sometimes a little white processing wheel spins a few times over the black screen before it goes away. Most times there is just the black screen.
Right clicking does bring up flash settings options though.
Flash has been a problem for many users including me but Mozilla is looking to replace Flash with their own HTML5 alternative called Shumway. However it isn't quite ready yet.
As for your problem, have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
- In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Click "I'll be careful, I promise" if a warning message appears.
I want to see what extensions you are running along with some other critical information. Please do the following:
- Click the Firefox button at the top left, then click the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information from the submenu. If you don't have a Firefox button, click the Help menu at the top and select Troubleshooting Information from the menu.
Now, a new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- At the top of the page, you should see a button that says "Copy text to clipboard". Click it.
- Now, go back to your forum post and click inside the reply box. Press Ctrl+V to paste all the information you copied into the forum post.
If you need further information about the Troubleshooting information page, please read the article Use the Troubleshooting Information page to help fix Firefox issues.
Thanks in advance for your help!
CBC National videos do not play in Firefox on Ubuntu. It is a Flash problem which Chrome and Chromium have worked around by using their own version of Flash. Why can't Firefox do this - soon all Flash on Linux machines will be inaccessible since it is no longer supported by Adobe and cannot be updated. When will Shumway be ready - is it worth installing it now for general use?