find sync password
Main Laptop harddrive died so have all bookmarks etc synced with weave on a n900 maemo 5 but can't remember the passphrase sync advice says look at the stored passwords in Preferences but cannot find them on the N900
Oops! Sorry for my typo, and I'm glad you managed to figure it out.Прочитайте этот ответ в контексте 1
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100723 SUSE/3.6.8-0.1.1 Firefox/3.6.8
Sorry, it's not currently possible to view or change your Firefox Sync (Weave) password using Firefox for Maemo.
The password is stored somewhere on the device, so it should be possible to recover it somehow. I'll try to get more information, and I'll reply again later to let you know what I find.
Here are instructions for retrieving your passphrase. Sory, they are rather long.
1. Open Fennec. Type "about:config" in the address bar and press return.
2. In the search box at the top of the about:config page, type "console".
3. Tap the line that says "browser.console.showInPanel" and then tap the button that says "false". It will change to say "true".
4. Shut down Fennec (using the "close" button in the top right) and then start it again.
5. Drag the Fennec window so you can see the right-hand toolbar, and press the button at the bottom right to open the preference panel.
6. Tap the button near the lower left with a "bug" icon. A screen titled "Error Console" will appear.
7. Press the button that says "Clear".
8. In the box next to the word "Code:" type this all on one line (the punctuation and capitalization must match):
8. When you press return, your passphrase will appear. If you change "passphrase" to "password" and press return again, then your password will appear.
Sorry again for the long and complicated procedure. Let me know if you need any help, or stop by the #mobile channel on http://irc.mozilla.org/ if you need more assistance.
Hi thanks for your detailed response I have tried several times now including copy/paste to make sure I get the punctuation/capitalisation correct but I get the following error message
Error: Weave.Services is undefined
It looks like you are missing a semicolon - this part:
should look like this instead:
just had a play with alternate spellings etc and got it to work with the following by dropping the final "s" from Weave.Services
but many thanks for your help :)
Oops! Sorry for my typo, and I'm glad you managed to figure it out.