Эта тема была архивирована. Если вам нужна помощь, задайте новый вопрос.
I look for somehing and am put in an endless loop, never getting to my answer.
When I look up something, for example, "colds in babies" the computer brings me to another page showing me "colds in babies", with a set of topics, but never lets me get to the answer; I seem to be locked in an ever revolving loop; never letting me into the subject at all HELP!
Все ответы (2)
First some remarks about your plugins that show in the System Details list next to the question. QuickTime is considered as a security risk and you shouldn't use it. You also appear to have two Shockwave Flash plugins installed.
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
You can find the installation path of all plugins on the about:plugins page. See also "Manually uninstalling a plugin":
What page or search bar (search engine) are you using to do these searches?
Do you otherwise have a problem with opening links?
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove the cookies from websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Options/Preferences).
"Clear the cache":
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove the cookies" from websites that cause problems.
- Firefox/Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button# or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button# or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
In case your searches are being hijacked, it would be useful to get the URL of the results page. You can copy paste it from the address bar. In fact, if you wouldn't mind documenting the sequence:
(1) Either you start a search from Firefox's address bar / search bar / home page search box / new tab search box -- all of which should use the same default search engine set in your Options -- or you start on a particular search site. If it's a site, what is the address in the address bar?
To check your default search engine setting, see: Change your default search settings in Firefox.
(2) Then you get a page of results (useless as they may be). What is the address of the results page in the address bar?
That may help us figure out whether the problem is ending up on the wrong search site.
Another problem that sometimes happens is an add-on inserting extra material (ads or links to a different site) into the search results. cor-el's suggestion to test in Firefox's Safe Mode will be helpful to diagnosing this.