This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I have installed Windows Media Player Plug-In for Firefox but the test video doesn't work, how can I solve this problem?
The plu-in is definitely there and installed
All Replies (2)
Your plugin list shows that the Firefox WPM plugin (np-mswmp) is installed. It's possible that the test page in the Play Windows Media files in Firefox with the Windows Media plugin article isn't working. (I can't tell since I'm using Mac OS X with the Flip4Mac plugin. The np-mswmp plugin is Windows-only.)
Try this other Windows Media Player plugin test page:
(You may have to wait a minute or so for the embedded content to load; then a brief "countdown" animation should display)
Modified by AliceWyman
Not related to your problem, but you might want to consider upgrading to a more current version of Firefox, unless you have a specific reason for using Firefox 3.0.x. The last version of the Firefox 3.0.x series (no longer supported or updated, even for security issues) was Firefox 3.0.19 which was released on 03/15/2010.
Read this carefully: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Upgrading+to+Firefox+3.6
The current version is Firefox 3.6.11
Download Firefox 3.6.11: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
Whether you upgrade your browser or not, you do have out-of-date plugins with known security issues. You should upgrade/update your plugins.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Check your plugin versions: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Note: plugin check page does not have information on all plugin versions
- Update Shockwave Flash
- Use Firefox to Download and SAVE to your hard drive from one of the links below; the links take you directly to the download and you avoid the "getplus" download manager and "extras" (i.e., toolbars, virus scan links, etc.) on the main Adobe page.
- SAVE to your Desktop so you can find it
- After download completes, close Firefox
- Click on the file you just downloaded and install
- Note: Vista and Win7 users may need to right-click the installer downloaded and choose "Run as Administrator"
- Note: Most browsers other than IE will also get updated with this one download
- Note: To update IE, same procedure but use IE to go: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
- After installation, restart Firefox and check your version again.
- Download links and other information:
- or you can download, save, then run the manual installers for IE, then for Firefox (and all other browsers) from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_ManualInstaller
- Also see: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Installing+the+Flash+plugin
- Also see (if needed): http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Uninstall
- Update Java:
- Download and update instructions: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+the+Java+plugin+with+Firefox
- Removing old versions (if needed): http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml
- Remove multiple Java Console extensions (if needed): http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java#Multiple_Java_Console_extensions
- After the installation, start Firefox and check your version again.