I need to completely uninstall, but removing it to trash still leaves me with584 items I cannot remove
I had two Firefox Apps, 1 real, 1 alias.... But my machine (iMac 10.6.8) is no longer supported and I don't want any temporary add-ons.
It's time to part company with Firefox for this computer but though I closed both Apps and dragged them to the trash I find I still have some 584 items in my machine. Easy Find and Find any File found them. But apart from a few, I cannot delete them.
Firefox had becoming a hog for memory (1.6 Gb regularly) so this was the final one way of getting my machine in some order. Another problem I found was the pdf converter Mindspark was becoming a nuisance; to my memory I had never downloaded it and I can't entirely get rid of that either.
All in all I am now concerned for my new Macbook Pro, too.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.11
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Firefox 49.0 and later dropped support for the old Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7, 10.8.
To be up to date with security fixes for a bit longer you can use the Firefox 45.9.0 ESR which is the last 45 ESR update released when Firefox 53.0 was released.
https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/organizations/all/ (change it to Firefox 45 on top right).
The some 584 items related to Firefox could be from your Profile for say Bookmarks, cookies, Cache and such.
Modified by James