This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Why can I access website at work with no problem but on my home pc the display is wrong unless i am in safemode
I just loaded firefox(9.01) on home pc with default setting and the webpage graphics is screwy. I tried the website with all default settings at the time of initial install and webpage didnt display right - I since added some extensions and themes with no change. the only time it works is when I am in safemode - I have the same extensions and add-ons installed on firefox at work with the only difference is that I am running win7(64bit) at home and win xp at work.
All Replies (1)
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")