Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Támogatás keresése

Kerülje el a támogatási csalásokat. Sosem kérjük arra, hogy hívjon fel egy telefonszámot vagy osszon meg személyes információkat. Jelentse a gyanús tevékenységeket a „Visszaélés bejelentése” lehetőséggel.

További tudnivalók
A témacsoportot lezárták és archiválták. Tegyen fel új kérdést, ha segítségre van szüksége.
Archivált

Default search engines are for wrong country

JDHaviland

The default search engines in my FireFox are all for UK instead of Canada (or US). Why is that, and how do I fix it?

Also, how do I tell FF to open a new tab for search results?

The default search engines in my FireFox are all for UK instead of Canada (or US). Why is that, and how do I fix it? Also, how do I tell FF to open a new tab for search results?

Összes válasz (1)

Did you install the en-GB Firefox version?


You can check the pref general.useragent.locale on the about:config page to see the locale.

To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.

  • Use the Filter bar at to top of the about:config page to locate a preference more easily.

You can get Google search engines here: