Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Támogatás keresése

Kerülje el a támogatási csalásokat. Sosem kérjük arra, hogy hívjon fel egy telefonszámot vagy osszon meg személyes információkat. Jelentse a gyanús tevékenységeket a „Visszaélés bejelentése” lehetőséggel.

További tudnivalók
A témacsoportot lezárták és archiválták. Tegyen fel új kérdést, ha segítségre van szüksége.
Archivált

Firefox 4 makes laptop run hot...possible battery life penalty?

astrobill

My Mac Book Air 2010 seems to run quite a bit hotter with Firefox 4 when hardware acceleration is enabled.

While playing with FF4 (released version) tonight, I noticed my fan running quite a bit more than usual when browsing web sites, so I looked the CPU temperatures and confirmed both cores were running hotter than normal. Within specs, but bugged me...also probably drains the batteries faster.

So I've disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox's preferences for now.

Would be curious to learn if anyone else notices this....and if users are also seeing a battery life penalty when using FF4 with hardware acceleration turned on.

My Mac Book Air 2010 seems to run quite a bit hotter with Firefox 4 when hardware acceleration is enabled. While playing with FF4 (released version) tonight, I noticed my fan running quite a bit more than usual when browsing web sites, so I looked the CPU temperatures and confirmed both cores were running hotter than normal. Within specs, but bugged me...also probably drains the batteries faster. So I've disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox's preferences for now. Would be curious to learn if anyone else notices this....and if users are also seeing a battery life penalty when using FF4 with hardware acceleration turned on.

Módosította: astrobill,

Összes válasz (1)

Compared to Safari, Firefox uses about twice the battery. Unacceptable!

Mac OS X 10.7 on Macbook Pro Unibody Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz