Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Támogatás keresése

Kerülje el a támogatási csalásokat. Sosem kérjük arra, hogy hívjon fel egy telefonszámot vagy osszon meg személyes információkat. Jelentse a gyanús tevékenységeket a „Visszaélés bejelentése” lehetőséggel.

További tudnivalók
A témacsoportot lezárták és archiválták. Tegyen fel új kérdést, ha segítségre van szüksége.
Archivált

Why is this filter applied to this message?

PTArtist

I was looking for an email I expected to find in my Inbox, and found that a message filter was applied to move it to another folder. I can see the filter log entry for this action.

This filter consists of 9 specific email matches ( From "is" ....); the message that was moved is NOT in this filter list.

When I moved the message back to my Inbox, it was moved again.

Any ideas on how to stop this happening? Can I even trust filters?

I recently deleted all my filters as I was not sure they were working correctly, and recreated them carefully. I currently have 10 filters, a few are one off created from a message, and none have more than 10 matching requirements.

I have attached an image of the filter at issue, and here is the filter log entry:

[7/1/2024, 9:40:07 AM] Applied filter "Bad Shopping" to message from grandrr@olypen.com - [RW] RW Potluck Tuesday July 2 at 7/1/2024, 9:19:44 AM moved message id = faecf27e13e90b655df9ff49ee14a5ec@olypen.com to imap://sjstowell1000%40gmail.com@imap.gmail.com/Good Causes & Bad Shopping

Why? Actual bug? DB problem?

I was looking for an email I expected to find in my Inbox, and found that a message filter was applied to move it to another folder. I can see the filter log entry for this action. This filter consists of 9 specific email matches ( From "is" ....); the message that was moved is NOT in this filter list. When I moved the message back to my Inbox, it was moved again. Any ideas on how to stop this happening? Can I even trust filters? I recently deleted all my filters as I was not sure they were working correctly, and recreated them carefully. I currently have 10 filters, a few are one off created from a message, and none have more than 10 matching requirements. I have attached an image of the filter at issue, and here is the filter log entry: [7/1/2024, 9:40:07 AM] Applied filter "Bad Shopping" to message from grandrr@olypen.com - [RW] RW Potluck Tuesday July 2 at 7/1/2024, 9:19:44 AM moved message id = faecf27e13e90b655df9ff49ee14a5ec@olypen.com to imap://sjstowell1000%40gmail.com@imap.gmail.com/Good Causes & Bad Shopping Why? Actual bug? DB problem?
Csatolt képernyőmentések

Összes válasz (1)

Maybe an indexing problem? Disable that filter > move that message back to the Inbox > try R. click Inbox > Properties > Repair folder.

Módosította: Ed,