Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Cartlannaithe

Thunderbird 91 - Add Security Exception

beachboui

Thunderbird has stopped pulling my email from the two accounts I have setup, each on a different domain/mail server and hosted by two different web hosts. I get the "Add Security Exception" for both email accounts. I have made no changes to either account in recent months, and no changes to Thunderbird, other than to installed the recommended updates. Both accounts were affected at the same time. No antivirus apps installed... only the native Windows Defender. Why is this happening, and how do I fix it? Of course, I can always just go for the security exception. But, I don't think that's the way it should work. I don't believe the SSL certificates would have expired on both domains at the same time. They are unrelated. Any help appreciated.

Thunderbird has stopped pulling my email from the two accounts I have setup, each on a different domain/mail server and hosted by two different web hosts. I get the "Add Security Exception" for both email accounts. I have made no changes to either account in recent months, and no changes to Thunderbird, other than to installed the recommended updates. Both accounts were affected at the same time. No antivirus apps installed... only the native Windows Defender. Why is this happening, and how do I fix it? Of course, I can always just go for the security exception. But, I don't think that's the way it should work. I don't believe the SSL certificates would have expired on both domains at the same time. They are unrelated. Any help appreciated.
Attached screenshots

Athraithe ag beachboui ar

All Replies (1)

It would help not to obfuscate the server you're trying to access.