Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.

Since FF 69 starting (not loading!) web sites frequently needs more than 10 seconds under Xubuntu

  • 22 freagra
  • 1 leis an bhfadhb seo
  • Freagra is déanaí ó ebfried2000

more options

Since FF 69 the starting (not the loading!) of websites frequently lasts more than 10 seconds under Xubuntu. The tab remains empty during this waiting time, while no sign of the loading process can be seen: The tab header shows no title, only the URL. The animated loading icon of the tab header is not shown. The status bar shows no activity. For about 5 to 20 seconds it looks like the tab is frozen. (See hardcopy.) This phenomenon occurs irregularly, but repeatedly, approximately with 10-20 percent of all calls, regardless of the requested URLs. It typically occurs piled within a random period, that lasts between a some seconds and several minutes. It also happens in safe mode, regardless of the used profile (even an unmodified new profile) and both in private an non-private windows. As far as I can judge, the troubleshooting Information shows no abnormalities. There are no issues with the internet connection. I've been using Firefox trouble-free for more than 10 years, but this phenomenon only occurred since Firefox 69.0.

Attached screenshots

Réiteach roghnaithe

I completely re-installed Xubuntu 18.04.3. Now, the problem has finally gone.

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (2)

more options

McCoy said

Maybe take a look at this : (you will also come across this page, when you read the first link I posted)

Thank you, McCoy.

Again, I started to handle these somewhat time-consuming topics. Then I realized, that instead I should apply my time to a complete re-installation of Xubuntu. I will message the result in a separate post.

more options

Réiteach Roghnaithe

I completely re-installed Xubuntu 18.04.3. Now, the problem has finally gone.

  1. 1
  2. 2