Problem when trying to access facebook. Error code: ssl_error_access_denied_alert
I get this message whenever I try to enter facebook: An error occurred during a connection to www.facebook.com. Peer received a valid certificate, but access was denied. (Error code: ssl_error_access_denied_alert)
I've tried a number of solutions including changing security.tls.version.max to 0.
Anyway to fix this other than formatting the whole drive (which seems a bit exaggerated)?
Tuilleadh mionsonraí faoin chóras
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Unity Player 5.1.3f1
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
This was a work around for a previous version of Firefox, since I would imagine that the certificate has been updated for this site. I might recommend first clearing the cache for this site with these steps:
- Open a new window and type in the url bar about:permissions
- Search for the site, "facebook" to filter the sites
- Make sure the site is selected and click on "Forget this Site"
However there was a a scan for a weak ciphers here: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html and there were some weak ones. The default is 3 and should be fine. Is your certificate information the same as the one I have provided in the screenshot below: