Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Cartlannaithe

How can i use a composite filter with AND and OR conditions?

raguila

Hello. I use a lot of filters. All of these are like: "AND (from,is,adrress@domain.com) AND (subject,contains,text) AND (subject,contains,serverX)"

I would like to use a filter with a composite condition with AND and OR conditions like: "AND (from,is,nagios@domain.com) AND (subject,contains,text) AND ( (subject,contains,server1) OR (subject,contains,server2) )"

But seems it is not possible. I have edited msgFilterRules.dat file and have tried some types of these constructions in filters but none works. Is it not possible?

Thanks

Hello. I use a lot of filters. All of these are like: "AND (from,is,adrress@domain.com) AND (subject,contains,text) AND (subject,contains,serverX)" I would like to use a filter with a composite condition with AND and OR conditions like: "AND (from,is,nagios@domain.com) AND (subject,contains,text) AND ( (subject,contains,server1) OR (subject,contains,server2) )" But seems it is not possible. I have edited msgFilterRules.dat file and have tried some types of these constructions in filters but none works. Is it not possible? Thanks

All Replies (1)

You will need to use the filtaquilla add-on and javascript

Add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/filtaquilla/ Authors blog post with instructions http://mesquilla.com/extensions/filtaquilla/