Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Etsi tuesta

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Lue lisää
Arkistoitu

Error message: Problem connecting to server. URLs with ".file:" not supported.

ConnieO

I just upgraded my iMac to OS X 10.8. Now I get this error message above frequently. I cannot find any URL with ".file:" at the end on my computer. I'm not sure how to find the problem. Do I need a special upgrade to Firefox for Mac OS X 10.8? Is there a way to locate the problem URL? Thanks for your help. Connie

I just upgraded my iMac to OS X 10.8. Now I get this error message above frequently. I cannot find any URL with ".file:" at the end on my computer. I'm not sure how to find the problem. Do I need a special upgrade to Firefox for Mac OS X 10.8? Is there a way to locate the problem URL? Thanks for your help. Connie

Kaikki vastaukset (2)

Hi Connie, "file://" is but not ".file"

I did some research and found a few things:

Why is there a colon appended?

It is either the file:// protocol to open a local file or a file with the .file file extension (i.e. without trailing colon)