Frequently when trying to open a website Firefox say "the connection was reset" and prohibits the website from opening...
Frequently when trying to open a website Firefox say "the connection was reset" and prohibits the website from opening... Also, this same problem occurs frequently when trying to browse different items within a website.
Mehr Details zum System
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- TrendMicro Toolbar Rating Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Intel WebAPI Updater - Installs and updates Intel WebAPIs
- Inte IPT Web API
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
You can try two things
Clear your cache and cookies (for the affected site) to see if that makes a difference.
- Press 'CTRL/CMD + SHIFT + DEL
- Select "time range to clear" to Everything
- Expand the "Details" by clicking the Arrow
- Uncheck everything except Cache
- Click Clear Now
- Go to the orange Firefox button > Options > Privacy > Remove individual cookies
- Search for the site you are having issues with and click Remove Cookies
- Restart Firefox and try again
Can you try to start Firefox in Safe Mode to see if Firefox works properly with no error? You can start Firefox in Safe Mode below:
- Windows/Mac: Go to Help > Restart with add-ons disabled
- Linux: Run firefox -safe-mode in the Terminal/Konsole
If Firefox opens up fine with no problems, it's probably one of your extensions that's causing the issue. You can re-enable your add-ons one by one until you find the one that causes the issue upon being re-enabled.
Problem is still there after clearing cache & cookies... Also, frequently the following message also comes up.
Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
I love Firefox, when it works but these recurring problems will make me keep using IE unless solved...
If clearing the cookies doesn't help then it is possible that the file cookies.sqlite that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
Hi wferg, If this is happening with only one website, please check in the Web Console to see if there is a request from another source or if there is a redirect 302 message.
If the http request could not be understood, this usually means the request header is not correct or as Moses has suggested: a cookie could be too large and the webserver cannot use it. Perhaps delete the specific cookies for the setting in Firefox > Options > History > Show cookies
If you have an antivirus or Firewall please see if this site is blocked or if it may be changing any headers. You can test this with this add on Live HTTP Headers