firefox 28.0, windows 8.1, CNN videos won't play - show blank screen
This only happens with cnn videos. Same problem when using safe-mode. Internet explorer runs these videos ok. Firefox seems to quit before it gets to the video window.
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Could you take a screen shot and post?
It's likely this is a plug-in issue and-or Java actionscript issue.
Have you attempted to refresh page on this white screen? What Anti-Virus security do you have running in the background?
You can check for problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions and try this:
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin