I have an older mac running 10.4.11. When I try to update to firefox 3.6.28 I get an error message: "...you do not have sufficient privileges..."
Currently running firefox 3.0.4. I downloaded 3.6.28 successfully. When I tried to install it by sliding the firefox icon over onto the applications icon I got a message saying an item named firefox already exists and do I want to replace it with the newer one I am moving. I clicked "replace." Then I get a message saying that the operation cannot be completed because I do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items. How can I complete this install?
Mehr Details zum System
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Provides support for Windows Media.
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then best is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
- Trash the current Firefox application (open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your personal data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data when you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.
You can also try to repair the disk permissions: