My old computer crashed and the hard drive is non recoverable. Is there a way to recover my saved bookmarks through the Firefox website?
My old computer crashed. I took hard drive to specialist to see if it could be recovered but it can't. I now have a new computer and will be running Firefox. is there a way to recover my Firefox bookmarks and files to my new computer through the Firefox website?
Mehr Details zum System
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Old computer is too expensive to repair.
Old Hard drive is non recoverable.
Sorry no. If Mozilla automatically saved each users personal data to their website, that would be an extreme violation of the users security.
There is the optional Firefox Sync service - what is Firefox Sync - which needs to be set up before personal data is lost.
I did sync my old PC but later the hard drive crashed. I do have the recovery key. How do I get all of my saved (synced) stuff onto my new PC? I am now running Windows 8 and Firefox 20.
Enter all details like the account name (email address) and password and the 26-character Sync key manually to connect to an existing sync account instead of using the 12-character code to pair a device if pairing isn't possible.
- open "Tools > Options > Sync" or "Firefox > Set Up Sync"
- click "Set Up Firefox Sync" to go to "Firefox Sync Setup"
- click "I Have an Account" : Connect
- click "I don't have the device with me" at the bottom to enter the account settings (email, password, sync key)
- click the "Sync Options" button at the bottom to select what to sync (Sync Options only affect the first sync)
Make sure to select this choice if you want to restore data from the Sync server.
- Replace all data on this device with my Sync data
You will get the about:sync-progress page (Setup Complete) to verify that sync has been setup successfully.
Before following the above steps, I changed my power settings to be sure my PC would run long enough to assure the process was completed. I followed all of the above steps to the point of getting a new window which states: "Setup Complete" Your data is now being encrypted and uploaded in the background. You can close this tab and continue using Firefox."
Nothing changes whether I close the tab or not. None of the synced bookmarks are recovered and none of the passwords show up.
I did not get the about:sync-progress page (Setup Complete) to verify that the sync has been setup successfully. Surely I missed something but I am back at "square one."